Ciara announces new album "One Woman Army" + comeback single "Sweat"


In an interview with MTV to promote her role in the new Adam Sandler movie 'That's My Boy' (in theaters June 15th), Ciara confirmed that her fifth studio album is titled "One Woman Army" and the first single is titled "Sweat". Just last year, Ciara parted ways Jive Record and reunited with longtime mentor L.A. Reid at Epic Records.

In a recent interview with MTV, she stated that album will the most vulnerable: "This is the most vulnerable I've ever been in my life and career. And I'm so confident with being vulnerable. At one point in time, I was very afraid to be as vulnerable as I am. This is almost like a journal, my own personal journal when you get this record". She also says the album will have lots of uptempo tracks like "Sweat". "It's only right that I let you know this too, another bean, that my new single, my first single, is coming. It could be coming anytime soon, and it’s called "Sweat". I just love to make you sweat in all kinds of ways".


Another song included on the album is "One Woman Army", which was written by Livvi Franc (Britney Spears, Cheryl Cole) and songwriter Ali Tamposi (Kelly Clarkson). Back in March Tamposi spoke about the song back, telling BMI: "Right now I'm working on a Ciara album, and she's been great. It's Livvi Franc and I who are doing most of the writing for it, and it's been really cool and laid back so that’s been fun. There's a lot of angst and edge in [Ciara's] music and we've tried to be really conceptual and write things that haven’t been done before and real strong women empowerment songs".

Comments

Popular Posts