Justin Timberlake officially announces his return to music: "I'm Ready"


Justin Timberlake is finally ready to make a return to the music industry after being away for nearly six year. During the music hiatus, he's been focusing on acting in films like 'Friends with Benefits' and 'The Social Network'.

A short video was released and it shows Justin going to the studio as he discusses his long-awaited comeback. "As close as I get to it, I don't know that I could physically torture myself that much, year in and year out, and expect it to fulfill me the way that it does and the way that it is right now," he said.

According to Billboard, Timberlake has already around 20 new songs recorded. It's also been said that the first single was produced by long-time collaborator Timbaland.

I have to say, I thought Justin was never going to release a new album. To me he never really seemed ready or interested in doing it. Overall I'm happy we're getting new music, but I can't help to think how well is it going to do. Mainly because one, music isn't selling like it use too and two the long hiatus could affect him. Perfect examples would be Christina Aguilera and Nelly Furtado.

There is also a countdown on his official website, which ends Sunday at midnight.

Check out his video message, after the jump.



Comments

Popular Posts