LORDE releases debut full-length album "Pure Heroine"


LORDE has become an overnight sensation especially in the United States. The 16-year-old who's from New Zealand, released her debut album "Pure Heroine" back in September of this year.

The album features her international hit single "Royals", which is currently at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and has been sitting at that position for six weeks. It also includes my favorites tracks "Tennis Court" and "Team". The ten track album was produced entirely by Joel Little, who is her main collaborator and should stick with him for future releases.

In a interview with NYTimes, she said:
"Lyrically, there's a lot of your typical teen issues. I'm definitely an observer in social situations, and I feel weird social anxiety and loneliness, so there’s a bit of that stuff", Lorde told the NYTimes about the album. "But because I started writing this record around the time all of this stuff was happening with attention, a bit of that leaked into the music as well. I couldn't not talk about it taking over my life. It's a pretty solid introduction into who I am and what my world is like".

The album is in stores now, you can purchase it on iTunes now.

Comments

Popular Posts