Kelis signs to new indie label + Announces upcoming album "FOOD"


Kelis is preparing to make her musical return with a new team. She has signed to independent British label Ninja Tune, they'll distribute her music worldwide. This is Kelis' first album that will not be backed by a major label. Fans have waiting her to the follow-up to 2010's "Flesh Tone", the singer-songwriter has announced the she'll release her sixth album called "FOOD" on April 28th, 2014.

The entire album will be produced by Dave Sitek of TV On The RadioIt.
"I'm really happy to be partnering with Ninja Tune on my new record", Kelis said in the press release. "This is the album I've wanted to make for a long time and I want the team around me to be as excited and energetic about it as I am. I'm also very happy to be working with some of the most creative people in the industry".
It's being said that the new album is described as "soul record that's as raw and alternative as it is classic". The first official single is titled "Rumble" and should be premiering in the beginning of the new year.

Comments

Popular Posts