Video Premiere: EvoL - We Are a Bit Different


Stardom Entertainment's new hip-hop girl group EvoL has premeired their music video for their debut title track "We Are A Bit Different".

Before officially debuting, they received a lot of attention from releasing serveal video teasers and photos. The group has five members leader Say, Jucy, Hayana, J-DA, and Yull. Their agency also revealed that the members participated in writing the lyrics, producing their album and the creating of the choreography for their songs. The lyrics for "We Are A Bit Different" were written by Jucy and J-Da. The lyrics were written very well, I love the group's rapping skills and vocal abilities.

EvoL has been getting compared to 2NE1, especially by netizens. They have similarities, but I wouldn't say that their coping from them. Both do hip-hop/dance sounding music and that's all I really see. Speaking of their music, when I first listened to the title track I was very confused. After seeing the teasers, I was expecting the other album track "Magnet" to be presented as the main song. "We Are A Bit Different" is a euro-dance song and if a english verison was made it could possibly top the US charts. Also the production reminded me a of Cheryl's "Call My Name" single. The setting of the video was awesome, but the song did not go with it. The choreography was weak and lacked energy.

Overall its a good song and video, but I highly prefer "Magnet", because I think its unique and hardcore.

Check out the video, after the jump.




Comments

Popular Posts