Amy Winehouse found dead at London home


I'm deeply shocked and sadden to say that Amy Winehouse was found dead in her London home today (July 23rd). According to several reports, including E! Online and the Associated Press. She was 27 years old.

Amy has had a long and hard battle with drug and alcohol addiction for years, that has affected her promising career. After going into rehab several times, she finally was able to get her life back on track and was preparing to comeback strong to music, but sometime in May she relapsed and went into rehab once again before her European tour started. In June, she appeared to be highly intoxicated at her concert in Belgrade. She was stumbling through her performance, slurring words, and forgetting lyrics to the song.

I'am just lost for words, I like everyone else was waiting for her to make her comeback with new music and its not going to happen now. Even though I haven't written about Amy that much, she was one of my favorite artists. You just can't call any album out there a classic and "Back To Black" is one of those albums that falls under that name. Amy without a doubt had a true gift, to see it go to waste and to know we will never her that soulful voice again really gets me down. Something that I came to realized is that not everybody are going to be able to beat their addiction.

Below look at one of the timeless songs from her second album "You Know I'm No Good".

Rest In Peace.......Amy


Comments

Popular Posts