BET to do an Aailyah tribute to mark her 10th anniversary


On August 25th will mark the 10th anniversary of R&B songstress Aaliyah's tragic and sudden death in 2001.  Yesterday their was an announcement made by BET (Black Entertainment Channel) that she will recieve an honoury tribute from the station next month. Aaliyah is known as the Princess of R&B, she changed the face of R&B music with her ground breaking sound. Even today Baby Girl continues to inspire generations of R&B artists and musicians.

Aailyah has only put out three studio albums and I still listen to all of them, especially "One In A Million" and her self-tilted album. I absolutely love the fact that theirs going to be a tribute for her, even though she's not here anymore, sometimes I feel like she doesn't get mentioned anymore.

I have to say the only thing I'm on the fence about is that the tribute coming from BET. The network has put on some awful shows in the past, perfect example The 2009 BET Awards/Micheal Jackson Tribute. I don't like how they handle things at all. So lets hope and pray that this is going to be perfection and hope that BET don't fuck this up. Below you can check out one of my favorite jams by Aaliyah.

Source: BET Official Twitter



Comments

Popular Posts