Fantasia reveals title of 4th album + music to have 'Rock-Soul' sound


Fantasia recently released her new single "Lose To Win". The track is the first official single from her highly-anticipated fourth studio album titled  "The Side Effects of You", which is set to hit stores on March 13th via RCA Records.

During an interview with Steve Harvey, she revealed title of the album, she about working with the producer Harmony and more. Check it out below:

On working with UK producer Harmony (aka H-Money): "My whole album I wrote with one guy out of London, his name is Harmony. I didn't want to flip flop and be everywhere because a lot of times, with my other albums, I've worked with different producers, great producers, but this time I just wanted to stick with one person so that we can just have an album that has one sound and everybody is on the same page..."


On her lead single "Lose To Win": "When I listened to the lyrics of the song, to me it wasn't just about a relationship, it was about my whole career. It's been ten years for me. There's been ups. There's been downs. There's been people to walk away. There's just been a lot for me. So the message was strong for me and I just had to record it."

On writing her own songs and the sound featuring on the album: "It's my baby because I finally I got to write. They allowed me to write on this album and a lot of the songs we did, we did from scratch. We actually lived in the studio and I've always wanted to do something different. They always say R&B and I love R&B, but for me, at the level I'm at right now, I kept saying I want to do something like Rock-Soul. When you say Rock-Soul you think of Tina Turner. You think of James Brown. I just wanted so bad to always do something like that and I thank the record company, RCA, for allowing me to do that on this album."



Buy Fantasia - "Lose To Win" [Single] - HERE

Listen to the track, after the jump.



Comments

Popular Posts