New Music: Katy Perry - Roar


Katy Perry's new single "Roar" apparently leaked two days before it's official premiere/release date (No surprise), which was on (Monday) August 12th. The track serves as the first official single from her upcoming third studio album "Prism", is scheduled to hit stores and digital retailers on October 22nd via Capitol Records.


"Roar" was penned by Bonnie McKee, and produced by Dr Luke and Max Martin. The sound in this track is different in comparison to the "Teenage Dream" era. After the first listen, I wasn't too trilled about it. I guess mainly because I'm so use to her bright and fun music from her last album. The piano-driven pop anthem is a bit dark and more mature, but uplifting at the same time. For me it's a grower, but I'm sure it will debut in the Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Buy Katy Perry - "Roar" [Single] - HERE

You can purchase the single on iTunes now.

Comments

Popular Posts