The Saturdays continues to promote latest album with "Not Giving Up"


It has been several months since the release of their previous single "Disco Love" , The Saturdays are continuing to promote their latest album "Living For The Weekend" with the release of a new single "Not Giving Up". The track serves as the fifth single and its currently scheduled to be released on iTunes (UK) on April 7th. The song is written by Antonio Egizii , Celetia Martin, David Musumeci, Carla Williams, and Carl Ryden. The music video show the five-member group doing tube lighting choreography, while dressed in black fashionable clothing. The outfits were created by rising celebrity fashion designer Nikita Karizma.


I still haven't listened to their new album "Living For The Weekend", but I do plan to as soon as I get some time to do it. On the first listen I thought that "Not Giving Up" was generic as hell, but since it has grown on me due to playing it over a couple of times. As for the music video, it was a bit boring at times. The huge glow sticks were a nice prop to throw into the visual, though it could have been used in a different way. The Sats aren't great dancers, so I didn't expect the dancing to go as smooth as I wanted it to. They weren't in sync at certain moments, at least to me. Oh and Frankie was looking very bootylicious in the video, loving her new figure (Note: she gave birth to her first child not to long ago). Before announcing that they were planing to release another single from album, I was thinking that this era over for sure. I thought by now they were probably recording new music for an album or EP, but that's not the case. The album was released in October 2013, I do think their record label needs to move on to the next album. I highly doubt this single release is going to boost album sales. Even thought it's a good track, I also don't think i'll do amazingly well on the UK Single Charts. On the bright side I give the The Saturdays kudos. In today's music industry, artists are unable release two or even three singles from an album and seems like their doing it.

The single is available for pre-order on iTunes (UK), it will come with three remixes and new B-side "Bigger".



Comments

Popular Posts