Listen: Rochelle Jordan's debut album "1021"


Toronto singer-songwriter Rochelle Jordan has been building a music career on the underground R&B scene for the last couple of years. In November of 2014, she released her full-length album "1021".





Speaking about the album to Billboard:
"I wanted to create a project that represents who I am in more ways than one", she told Billboard. "The numerology behind 1021, besides it being my birthday numbers, is extremely telling of where I am right now spiritually, mentally and career wise. The Libra in me had a field day writing these emotionally charged songs. It was only right that I built around [love] since I love love".
The 15-track album is inspired by late 90's R&B sounds of Aaliyah, with a fusion of electro-soul. I love the experimentation of all three being used together  to create something different. "1021" is like a continuation of what was heard on her first album/mixtape 2012's "Pressure". Vocally, their wasn't any flaws and songwriting seems to explore more topics. She also worked with her longtime collaborator-producer KLSH. Regardless it being released 2 years ago, I still wanted to cover it. Its a great album that not a lot of people know about. Take a listen to all the tracks below via ROJO's youtube channel.

You can purchase the album on iTunes now.



Comments

Popular Posts