Official Single Cover: Nicola Roberts - Lucky Day


After "Beat of My Drum" flopped on the charts, Nicola Roberts is back with a new single, "Lucky Day". This is the first song Nicola wrote as a solo artist, it was co-written with electro/pop Canadian band Dragonette. I liked the first single but this sounds and suits Nicola way better. This past weekend the rough cut of the for "Lucky Day" was leaked. It looks unfinished but it was a good visual.

"Dragonette were the first people I worked with when starting my album. When I wrote Lucky Day I had short hair and was really into 40s fashion. All of the 'woah woah woah woah' and the 'ah ha' really is a reflection of that,” explains Nicola. "When it came to producing the track early this year, I wanted to change it to a more modern downbeat dance record because that’s what I am more into now."

She has spent over a year working on her solo album. All the songs was co-written and or produced by Dimitri Tikovoi, Diplo, Metronomy and Invisible Men. "Lucky Day" will be released on September 18th. Nicola's debut album "Cinderella's Eyes" is due out September 26th. Check out the videos below.





Comments

Popular Posts