Album Review: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones


Buy Cher Lloyd - "Sticks + Stones" [Album] - HERE (UK)

Cher Lloyd made her way on to the music scene when she audition for X-Factor UK. She made a huge impact when she sung Keri Hilson version of Turn My Swag On. I n the end, she ended up finishing in 4th place and managed to signed to Simon Cowell's record label Syco Music. Cher's debut album "Sticks & Stones" was released November 7th 2011.

The album includes collaborations with Busta Rhymes, Mike Posner, and Carolina Liar. Check out my album, after the jump.

Vocal Delivery: (3/5)
Lyrical Content: (2.5/5)
Production: (3.5/5)


Grow Up (Feat. Busta Rhymes)
This has to be the most horrible opener for an album. I hate listening to teenybopper like songs. One positive I will give about is the Busta Rhymes rap was on point. (1/5)


Want U Back
Love this a lot, I notice Cher's accent shows up in the song. The chorus is catchy and the groan that shows up every couple of seconds fits well. It displays frustration that she's feeling because she wants her ex back. It was produced Shellback and Max Martin and the production was great. (5/5)



With Ur Love (Feat. Mike Posner)
Cher's second collaboration on her album sounds ten times better. "With Ur Love" is a fun song and the music video is the same. It also features Mike Posner, who I'm not a fan off. Overall it's just ok. (3/5)



Swagger Jagger
A lot of people disliked this, including me. I guess it was a good enough single for everybody to buy, because the shit went to number #1. I don't really nothing to say about it, besides the fact that I still hate it. (1/1)



Beautiful People (Feat. Carolina Liar)
Here is the only ballad like track. The production is on point, this has to be one of the best displays her singing. If features Carolina Liar, I don't know who that is, but he was great as well. Their voices blended together well with each. (4/5)


Playa Boi
"Playa Boi" has very heavy 80's sound. This song shows of her rapping abilities. I will say, I like both her rapping and singing, but in to her singing a bit more. When the track begins her vocals were so smooth. (3/5)


Superhero
"Superhero" was produced by Jukebox, who is the mastermind behind Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair". When I heard the acoustic version I like it and had high hopes for it. By hearing the official album version, boarder line terrible. The production was too simple for my taste. (2/5)


Over The Moon
Dubstep is becoming one of the genres that I'm listening too these days. Good points on this, has to be the dubstep beat comes in when she's rapping the verses. The deliver was awesome. Bad points was the Christmas like intro, it threw the whole entire beat off. The chorus when she's singing "I"m Over The Mooon" is catchy, but could have been written much better. (3/5)


Dub On The Track (Feat. Mic Righteous, Dot Rotten & Ghetts)
"Dub On The Track" is one of the best uptempo on the album. The three features was little over board. A music video came out for the track, but it wasn't nothing spectacular. I wish this was made into a ACTUAL video. (5/5)



End Up Here
The last song on the album, is not a mid-tempo or a ballad, it lands in between. The lyrical content in the verses and the bridge grabs me more than chorus. The last three singles of Cher's has been uptempo. I see this being the fourth single, I think its time to slow things down. (4/5)



Deluxe Edition Tracks

Stay
You can't not say you don't like Cher's cover of "Stay" because it's amazing, it is what made me love her as a singer. She first performed it during her time on X-Factor UK and proved to people that she wasn't just a rapper. I happy that she included it in her album. (5/5)


Talkin' That
"Talkin' That" is simply annoying and repetitive in the worst way. (1/1)



Verdict
Its some good and decent songs on "Sticks + Stones". The genres jump from dubstep, hip-hop and pop, which gave the fans variety of music. I would highly recommend this album for teenagers. Do Cher has a long and bright future in the music industry? Yes. Her album and singles are doing pretty well. She'll be embarking her own tour titled Sticks and Stones in March. Even four out of the fourteen concert dates are sold out.

Overall Rating: (3.5/5)

Comments

Popular Posts