Machine Gun Kelly talks about his rise to fame


Machine Gun Kelly recently sat down in a interview with VEVO News. He talked about battle rapping at the age 14 and creating his first track, "Get Your Walk On" which states was terrible. At the age of 19, he was able to find a path that best fits him. He said: "I was trying to find myself at first, you know. I started rapping about killing people and all the typical sh*t you would do in hip-hop because that’s what you think you’re supposed to say because that’s when gangsta rap was huge".

Last year he signed a major recording contract with Bad Boy Records. Wasn't feeling that all at first, Diddy doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to pushing some of his artists (Cheri Dennis, Jordan McCoy). I though it was going to take forever (like up to 2-3 years) for him to officially release some material and I was wrong. The first single "Wild Boy" featuring Waka Flocka is slowly heating up the charts. Me personality I can't stand Waka, but I'll admit he delivered a good rap verse. Check out the interview, after the jump.




Comments

Popular Posts