EP Review: Ms Trez - Beat's Our Guide


I first discovered Ms Trez's music in mid 2012 and instantly became a fan. Since then I always wondered when were they going to release an EP or a album. That day has finally come, the trio has debuted their seven track EP titled "Beat's Our Guide".

If you don't already know, this girl group helms from Sweden. It's made of up three talented ladies: Lorena Lindblad, Marlene Pärni, and Mira Myllyniemi. All of them have unique voices and can deliver a great performance. So just based on their past releases, you can't expect anything but perfection.

Check out my review of the EP, after the jump.

Vocal Delivery: (5/5)
Lyrical Content: (5/5)
Production: (4.5/5)


Man Up
"Man Up" has a nice smooth in your face beat throughout the track. The beat itself makes a statement, but when you throw in the attitude packed lyrics, it becomes one of those songs you don't want to take off repeat. The girl power pop anthem is about being a strong woman, which is something a lot of women need to hear. In the song, the trio is telling the man that he needs to straight up or he'll get kicked to the curb. This definitely gives a females point-of-view on a relationship. (4/5)


L.A At Night
If your looking for a song to listen to, while you're getting ready to hit up the clubs "L.A. At Night" is what you want to play. I literally can see myself riding down Sunset Boulevard, blasting this out my car. The synth beats gets you really amped and the little rapping bit was one of the peaks for me. Overall, this right here a true dancefloor jam. (5/5)


Sweet Liar
The next track is the gorgeous ballad "Sweet Liar". They express their pain and emotion with nicely layered harmonies. The lyrics is about the end of a relationship and the emotional carnage left behind by a broken heart. At some point I'm sure most of us has experienced being in a bad relationship and this speaks about it. I think it's full of pure emotion and I love listening to ballads that are relateable. (4.5/5)


Louder
"Louder" (Say My Name Mix) is Ms Trez's debut single, which was released back in 2011. The track is very demanding, in a good way. Over the aggressive beat, the dance driven chorus contains the repetitive word 'lo-o-ouder'. Swedish songwriter/producer Thomas Karlsson and British songwriter Adam Robinson created this EP cut as well as "Sweet Liar". Well done guys. Fun fact: This track is one of their top-selling tracks on iTunes. (4.5/5)


Y.E.A.H
Here we have another upbeat party jam titled "Y.E.A.H.", it was first heard when the ladies performed at Stockholm Pride. We I first looked at the title of the song, I thought the letters stood for something. Unfortunately it didn't, but that doesn't take anything away from song. Lines like "DJ play our freakin' song" and "Mr. Show ya how it's done" are the two hypest lyrics out of the song. Just like the other EP tracks ("Louder, "Man Up"), its addictive and you can't resist not wanting to dance. (5/5)


Sweet Liar (Milo Mix and DJ Da Silva)
The album comes to a close with a two bonus tracks: an awesome remix of "Sweet Liar" by Milo Mix and DJ Da Silva.


Louder (Vill Ha Dig Nu)
The second track is a version of "Louder" sang in Swedish. When I found out that their was a Swedish version, I automatically got excited. I love listening to music that's in different languages like Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean obviously, and among others. The English version is great, but the Swedish version adds a special element to this collection of music. Being able to sing in different languages, shows me that you can be versatile. In the future, I wouldn't certainly mind them giving fans both English and Swedish tracks.


Conclusion
Besides the awesome beats and lyrics, the thing I loved how they incorporated their personal life experiences though-out the EP. It's very relateable for me, especially when I listen to "Sweet Liar". It contains some of the most banging dance beats, which is something that can't go unnoticed. Vocally, they can't do no wrong. It seems like with every song, the display of the harmonies are beyond beautiful. I was also glad to not hear distorted vocals, a Vocoder, or a song with a shit load of autotune. In very (and I mean VERY) few situations, I'll accept it like Girls Aloud's "Sexy No No No" (that song didn't need either). In this case, Ms. Trez don't need none of that. Like I've said before all of the members can sing and I don't want to hear none of that in future from ya'll :)

Overall Rating: (5/5)

Comments

Popular Posts