Jhené Aiko displays sexy Summer look for Complex Magazine


Jhené Aiko showcases several sexy summer looks in her new photo shoot for the August/September 2013 issue of Complex magazine. The singer-songwriter modeled various looks including pool wear.

Below is a behind-the-scenes video of the photo shoot:


Along with the photo shoot, she also talks about her upcoming debut album "Souled Out", the differences from being a young in the music industry and now being a mature adult, raising her daughter and more.

Before the release of her debut album, she plans to drop an EP titled "Sail Out" this summer.

Check out some of the interview and photos from the spread, after the jump.


How do you decide how much of your personal life to share in your music?
I don’t have any restrictions when it comes to writing. My songs are almost like diary entries. I don’t have many secrets. I might omit a name, though. I don’t like to put someone else’s business out there.

When you were younger, did pervy older fans act creepy around you?
Even though I’m small, some people thought I was older, maybe from conversation, and they flirted with me. It creeped me out because I felt I looked even younger than I was. But I’ve always been mature about it. I don’t like to assume that someone’s hitting on me—that’s a little cocky. I told myself, “He’s just being nice. He just wants me to feel good about myself.” I tried to take the creepy part out of it so I could feel better about that person.

Did you consciously make your image more mature in recent years?
The image hasn’t really changed, I have. Time has changed me. I’m less afraid to do and talk about certain things because, as an adult, I’m doing adult things. I’m all about being comfortable, and I am comfortable with showing skin. I accept my body.

Source: Complex






Comments

Popular Posts