Danity Kane to release new album "DK3" despite breakup + Premieres "Rhythm of Love"


Since disbanding once again due to a physical altercation, the fans of Danity Kane were pleading with the group to reveal the material they've working on before breaking-up. The ladies officially announced they'll release their highly-anticipated new album. The project serves as a final gift for their loyal fanbase, who've been supporting the group no matter what. Their third album is titled "DK3", it will be released on October 28th via Stereotypes Music / Mass Appeal / BMG Records.




Alongside the pre-order of the album on iTunes, they released one of the album tracks "Rhythm of Love" as a countdown single. "Rhythm of Love" is very electro-pop with guitars and synthesizers. I'm not a huge fan of this, it sounds like a cheaper version of "Welcome to The Dollhouse" album track "Sucker For Love". When I heard it live on tour, I wasn't too thrilled about it back then. One good thing about it is that it could be a hit in the club setting. Lyrically, it has those intoxicating words: "Can't ignore my body's reaction, when I'm close to you / And this ain't just your basic attraction, I know you feel it too".  I hope this is the only weak sounding track. My expectations are a bit high (It probably shouldn't be), because this is their final album.

Snippets of all 10 tracks have been made available for a listen. The tracklisting includes the Tyga-assisted single "Lemonade", and tracks performed on their 'No Filter Tour': "Rage", "Bye Baby", and "All in a Day's Work". Its all good that we're getting an album from despite them breaking-up, but its also sad as well. When the news broke, I didn't talk about it, but now I will. I think that whole situation was ridiculous, from the information I got both sides were wrong. Especially Dawn, who decided to throw punches. They could've potentially done some great things as a trio or even when they were a fivesome, but DK couldn't get there shit together then and they obviously couldn't keep it together now. Sadly, I don't think they ever will and even if Danity Kane was to get back together in the future, I won't be able to take them serious.

Anyway, check out album snippets below. You can pre-order the album on iTunes now.

1. Rhythm of Love 
2. Lemonade (Feat. Tyga) 
3. All In a Day's Work 
4. Rage 
5. Tell Me 
6. Two Sides 
7. Secret Lover 
8. Roulette 
9. Pieces 
10. Bye Baby



Comments

Popular Posts