LORDE releases "Yellow Flicker Beat" from 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' soundtrack


New Zealand singer-songwriter LORDE has become made a huge splash on the music scene this past year with her debut single "Royals" and debut album "Pure Heroine". Now she's back with new music, the track is titled "Yellow Flicker Beat" and it serves as the first single from the upcoming soundtrack to the movie 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1'.


"Curating the soundtrack for such a hotly-anticipated film was a challenge, but I jumped at the chance. The cast and story are an inspiration for all musicians participating and, as someone with cinematic leanings, being privy to a different creative process has been a unique experience. I think the soundtrack is definitely going to surprise people".
Written by LORDE and her sole collaborator Joel Little, and produced by the Oscar-winning producer Paul Epworth, "Yellow Flicker Beat" turned out what I thought it would be ' a haunting alternative pop track'. Lyrically it goes perfect with the overall theme surrounding the movie: "I'm a princess cut from marble, smoother than a storm" / "And the scars that mark my body, they're silver and gold" / "My blood is a flood of rubies, precious stones, It keeps my veins hot, the fires found a home in me". The song maintains the intriguing and spooky vibes, that was heard on "Pure Heroine".

You can purchase the single on iTunes now.


Comments

Popular Posts