Video Premiere: Emeli Sandé - My Kind of Love


Scottish R&B/Soul singer Emeli Sandé has premiered the music video for her new single "My Kind of Love". The track is the fourth single taken from her debut album "Our Version of Events" released in the UK on February 13th.

The sentiment for the track was inspired by the patients Emeli met whilst studying medicine in Glasgow. Emeli explains: "During my time studying medicine, I found it hard to write, but one of the things that inspired  me were the patients and the interaction that they had with their loved ones during their time of illness.  When people arrived at the hospital, money and status became irrelevant and only health mattered, which sparked an honesty between people which was amazing to see. This interaction, declaration of support and love, was the inspiration for 'My Kind Of Love' and something I wanted to portray in the video the track".

"Our Version of Events" will be released in the US on June 5th via Capitol Records. Check out the video, after the jump,




Comments

Popular Posts