New Music: Dawn Richard - Black Lipstick


Singer/songwriter Dawn Richard, formerly of Diddy's Dirty Money and Danity Kane has been on her grind lately releasing new music for her fans. Since announcing her release from Bad Boy Records, Dawn preparing for her upcoming EP "Armor On" due out March 27th.

This time we have a new track for the singer titled "Black Lipstick", which has a very edgy sound. The Druski-produced track is one of seven that will appear on Dawn's digital EP. She explained the song: "Black Lipstick" is the story of how I found out I needed armor," explains the former Dirty Money member. "It's the trap. The music industry is described as a mysterious woman. The seduction and the betrayal of her. I saw in color but as soon as my eyes set on her, all that was seen was black and white. That is when I knew I needed to put my armor on".

I'm loving this creative R&B music she's putting out. It shows that she's coming into her own and finding her own unique style, which is hard for some artist. Another thing I just noiced is that Dawn is a damn good song writer. She could have easily became the next Keri Hilson, or Ester Dean, writing hits for numerous singers. With her making her departure from Bad Boy, I'm wondering what label, management that she's going to sign with unless she's going independent. I wasn't too much into Diddy-Dirty Money, so I'm glad she is now focusing on finding her own success in this business. Listen to the track, after the jump.



Comments

Popular Posts