Video Premiere: M.I.A. - Bad Girls


Buy M.I.A. - "Bad Girls" [Single] - HERE

Early this month, the music video for M.I.A.'s new single "Bad Girls"made its premiere. The rapper traveled and filmed the visual in the deserts of Ouarzazate, Morocco. It was directed by Romain Gavras. The video was a Middle Eastern desert party and has to be one of best videos of the year, creativity wise. We got drivers doing very cool car-tricks and car drifting. The bright colors, the lights and clothing all blended well with the desert setting. With a whole bunch of other stuff going on, their is some simple choreography thrown in.

This is what M.I.A. had to say about her new video:

"It was dope to have so many people from so many different backgrounds speaking so many different languages come together to create something that we believed in. I thought I was gonna die on the shoot when I saw the drifting. It was a four day shoot so everyone was on edge the whole time specifically ME when I had to do bluesteel singing to the camera while the cars did doughnuts on the wet road ten feet away. In my mind I was thinking how I was gonna deliver the video to Vice with no legs".

"Bad Girls" is from her upcoming fourth album set to be released in the summer. The track is available to purchase on iTunes now. Check out the video, after the jump.




Comments

Popular Posts