Album Review: Dal★Shabet - Hit U (4th Mini-Album)


Buy DalShabet - "Hit U" [EP] - HERE

DalShabet released their latest mini album "Hit U" in January 2012. The group is one of the top rookie groups of 2011. This is my first time putting my attention on the group. They have three albums out (excluding "Hit U") which I haven't listened yet. I do plan on purchasing the EP's and giving them a listen.

The mini-album "Hit U" was composed and produced by E-Tribe. Check out my review, after the jump.

Vocal Delivery: (4/5)
Lyrical Content: (4/5)
Production: (4/5)


Fire It Up
"Fire It Up" is a hard hip-hop/R&B dance track. The beat is absolutely insane. Great way to open up an album. (4.5/5)


Hit U
Simply AMAZING. When the heavy beat comes in caught my attention and that's one of the first things I look for when I listen to a song. The lyrics are bold and in your face: I'll hit you / I'll never never want you again / I'm hate you / No matter matter what you say. JiYul who's plays the lead role in the video, sound amazing. She gets revenge on her boyfriend and others. (5/5)


Chu Ma Boy
It's actually a sweet song and has a slight soulful R&B sounds. (3.5/5)


Dream In U (Remix)
"Dream In U" is featured on their last mini-album "Bling Bling". Its been remixed and put on this album. Since this is my first time listening Dal★Shabet music, I stopped what I was doing and listen to the original version. I like both, but I enjoyed the remix more. The album version has a retro vibe, now it been turned into a song for the clubs. (3/5)


Hit U (Remix)
"Hit U" remix has a lighter tone. It definitively doesn't beat the original. I can play that one over and over again. (4/5)




Verdict
I really like what Dal★Shabet gave for this album. It was diverse, the songs was combination of sexy hip-hop, R&B, and Rock music. The group ended their promotions for the title track "Hit U" back in March and are preparing to make another comeback sometime in June. Can't wait.

Overall Rating: (4/5)

Comments

Popular Posts