Dev announces upcoming EP "Bittersweet July" + Premieres new track "Kiss It"


According to Rolling Stone, rapper-singer Dev is currently working on her upcoming EP "Bittersweet July". Before drops the sometime in 2014, she's giving fans a gave fans a preview to what to expect from the project. She released a new track titled "Kiss It" featuring Sage The Gemini. Her debut album "The Night The Sun Came Up", which included "Bass Down Low" featuring The Cataracs and "In The Dark was released back in 2011. It looks like she is looking to create some buzz before her sophomore album comes, its scheduled to be released in 2014 as well.


Dev talked about what inspired the track, she said:
"'Kiss It' was inspired by people I used to have in my life that were jerks and, plain and simple, I wanted to tell them to kiss my ass!" Dev says. "I made this song for people who enjoy my sassy side and I think it ended up coming out perfectly – sweet but very sarcastic".
"Kiss It" is an urban electro-pop influenced track that features Bay Area rapper Sage The Gemini, it was produced by Hit Boy (Justin Bieber, Mary J. Blige). Dev may looking to comeback with a more refreshing sound which is nice. Aside from a few tracks, I really like her debut album, so its good to see her explore the R&B genre.

Comments

Popular Posts