Single Review: Pixie Lott - Nasty


After making her long-awaited return in late 2013 with buzz track "Heart Cry", British singer-songwriter Pixie Lott premieres the music video for "Nasty". The track serves as the first official single from her upcoming self-titled third album, which is scheduled to be released later this year in the UK via Mercury / Interscope Records.


Pixie's last album " Young Foolish Happy" was released back in 2011. She's been working on new music for quite sometime now and came back with the buzz track "Heart Cry" in December. I liked the direction she was going for, but it wasn't nothing that blew me away. Moving on to the first official single which was revealed in January titled "Nasty". The song was originally recorded by Christina Aguilera for the movie soundtrack for Burlesque and didn't make the final tracklisting. The Claude Kelly and Cee Lo Green penned track has catchy naughty lyrics and a upbeat jazzy production with some heavy horns. The music video shows Pixie in a club dancing, definitely not the best video.

My verdict on this is I personally feel she shouldn't have expected an leftover track then go and make into a first single for her new album. Don't get me wrong, her vocals on the song is perfection and delivered a wonderful performance. After not releasing any new music for about two maybe three years, I expected more.

Not her best song, but I'm sure it will do decently well on the charts (I think).

Comments

Popular Posts