New Music: Cher Lloyd - I Wish (Feat. T.I.)


British pop singer-rapper Cher Lloyd premiered her new single "I Wish" featuring T.I.. The track serves as the first official single from her upcoming sophomore album, which is scheduled to be released later this year via Syco / Epic Records.



Cher discusses the meaning behind her new single in the video above.

"The underline meaning of the song would probably be. Being your average girl, liking someone, and then realizing that you’re not actually happy with yourself, and he isn't happy with you either", Cher said about the song. "You feel a bit low and you want all the things that other girl has that he likes".



"I Wish" was produced by Savan Kotecha. She expresses her insecurities, but regardless of that, Cher still wants to go after the guy she's interested in. The catchy Urban-Pop jam features a infectious hook, a 90's inspired production, and decent vocal. Before listening to this, I couldn't even imagine these two working together. They blend pretty well in this. The track is radio-friendly and has the right formula to be played on the radio. I do like the track, but it doesn't scream first single. Its not tough in your face compared to her last hit single "Want U Back".

Buy Cher Lloyd - "Wish (Feat. T.I.)" [Single] - HERE

You can purchase the single on iTunes now.

Comments

Popular Posts